Friday, November 12, 2004

Almost persuaded…… (Acts 26:28)

Hangover free day number one. Fancy a Christian?

Beware of false preachers

http://www.wherechristiansmeet.com

My current condition. I am feeling very lonely. I have more than a few practical theological issues to deal with. Mostly an ex friend who has had a few psychotic episodes, one of which was prolonged, and I was there for her throughout. I would feel bad about myself if I terminated a friendship on the grounds of a friend’s severe mental health difficulty. And to be honest, I think most people I know would have. Was chatting to a Friend last night who pointed out that yes, this friendship died, or was killed due to said ex friend’s character flaws. Hmmm. Yes I know, it would be wrong to terminate a friendship on the grounds that said friend had character flaws/was a sinner. I would have very few friends if I did. True enough I have very few friends, but no. This was a case of constructive dismissal. This was a close friendship and in close friendships we risk pain as well as well as finding joy (Advices and Queries 21 QFP 1:02). I took risks, too many perhaps, came away terminally hurt. And yes down to her character flaws, but more importantly her failure to repent. No I would not end a friendship on the grounds that said friend was a sinner. And yes, last year I learned that being ethical is not just about doing the right thing, it is about taking the flak for it. And yes, at the end of the day, I made the mistake of assuming that our friendship meant something to her. You cannot make someone love you, and a friend, pace any English dictionary, is someone you love and loves you.

Funnily enough, there seem to be very few “Fuck Off out of my life forever!” songs, despite popular music’s obsession with romance. The one that sort of springs to mind is “It’s too late baby” by Carole King. Thing is there is no we in it for me. I was trying she was not.

Now. Back to Christians. Just occasionally spam amuses me. The more I look at this site the more I giggle. Firstly, no, “Christians” hardly inflame passion down in the basement, nothing quite fells my timber like a “Christian”, which of course is the whole point innit? “No sex please we are Christians”.

Next. Funny how it seems to be Amerika only. Some personal columns seem to be restricted to Amerika because of the software design, viz having a required field of zip code or state. And of course us non Amerikans have not been given a zip code yet. And the 51st state never gets listed under Amerika. Still I chuckle. I am sure many non Christians would love for Christianity to be confined to Amerika. Far be it from me to wonder if some Amerikans are so insular and Chauvinistic as to consider all Non Amerikans as to be beyond salvation, and perhaps in need of conversion to Amerikanism before conversion to “Christianity”. Cue Landover Baptist Church where the worthwhile worship, the unsaved are unwelcome, and the unsaved include foreigners ipso facto.

Further. I am a little shocked that they don’t ask for relationship type. I am sure this is just an oversight on their part. After all I am sure they sincerely wish every Christian to find a respectable mono relationship and would not wish to indulge in the sin of homophobia. Perhaps if I emailed them they would put this one right.

Next. Must confess I do agree with them setting the minimum age at 25. Ooops I secretly believe that no one should marry too young, or do a marriage relationship under the age of 25. If only the under 25’s would stick to fun sex and loving poly relationships. If only the over 25’s would as well but that is another story. Fornicate to the glory of God young person!

Finally. Curious that this site has a minimum income of 25 000 USD but no maximum income. Have these guys not read the bible?

Almost persuaded? Not in my case but don’t be taken in! BEWARE OF FALSE PREACHERS!!!! You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Star Posts

Graduation Day! - br/>


Bluebell

Scarletharlot69 - Twit!

Scarletharlot69 - Youtube Channel/>
Links


Wikipedia - the fount of all knowledge and wisdom

Blogroll